Membership is a pre-requisite to participation in sanctioned (ranking) events and Tennis
BC supported leagues and is valid for 12 months.
• WEBSITE - www.tennisbc.org is Tennis BC’s home page and contains up-to-date
tournament information, on-line registration, news of special events and more.
• VISUAL REALITY – Tennis Canada is introducing a new membership, tournament
registration and management system and national/provincial rankings tool which will
become available to Member Clubs in 2013. This will replace the USTA TDM system which
has been in use f or the past 10 years. Tennis BC will offer information and support to assist
clubs in transitioning to this new system.
• MATCHPOINT MAGAZINE – can be accessed on-line. This magazine provides fitness and
tennis tips, photo stories of events, highlighting BC players, Clubs and Rogers Rankings.
• EVENTS - Tennis BC coordinates and publishes a full calendar of sanctioned and non-ranking tennis tournaments for players of all ages and abilities, including the Stanley Park
Open, North America’s largest public courts tournament, the Odlum Brown Summer Series,
Junior and Senior Provincial Championships, Future Stars Tour (for U8,9, 10 progressive
players), numerous junior, adult/open and senior events, and the Rogers Rookie Tour.
• INTER-CLUB LEAGUES – Miele supports leagues and team tennis, with more than 30
divisions throughout the province, plus annual Provincial Championships for both adult are
• PROVINCIAL RANKINGS - Tennis BC maintains rankings for junior, adult and senior
categories. Rankings are available in Matchpoint Magazine and on Tennis BC’s website.
• COACHING CERTIFICATION - Tennis BC delivers Tennis Canada’s Coaching Certification,
a comprehensive program that integrates coaching theory with specific technical
information. The bi-annual Coaches Conference and regular recertification clinics keep our
coaches and instructors up-to-date.
• OFFICIATING CERTIFICATION - Tennis BC offers officiating courses for those interested
in becoming certified Referees, Roving Umpires, and Chair or Line Umpires under the
Tennis Canada Officiating Program.
• CLUB INSURANCE – Seasonal member clubs can purchase liability insurance at a reduced
rate from Tennis BC.